Walter Sterling and the Ocotillo crew’s latest restaurant channels Mexican influences as far north as Sonora (a Sonoran rib-eye) and as far south as Yucatan (cochinita pibil). That cochinita sears the brain, and not just with chiles. An order brings a pile of richly spiced pork that retains the animal's full charm, roasted in a banana leaf. The kicker: an arsenal of expertly pickled vegetables, including nopales, micro-thin onions, and offbeat carrots. Chantico’s al pastor is a strong, pineapple-forward rendition. Though tacos come loaded, tortillas could use a bit of work. This early discordant note is more than offset by dishes like duck leg drenched in black mole — which sees a skinless trapezoid of grilled orange to create stunning depth — a plate with flavors of alarming contrast and harmony.
- Price: $$, $$$
- Hours: Monday-Thursday 2-9:30 p.m.; Friday 2-10:30 p.m.; Saturday 10 a.m.-10:30 p.m.; Sunday 10 a.m.-9:30 p.m.
- Outdoor seating: Open-air patio
- Alcohol: Full bar
- Reservations: Recommended
- Parking: Lot available
- Extra Services: Banquet Facilities, Private-group dining
- Call restaurant to order/pay
- Use restaurant website to order/pay
- Order/delivery via DoorDash
- Order/delivery via Grubhub
- Order/delivery via Other