Based on memories of the French wine bars that chef/owner Mark Tarbell frequented while apprenticing in Paris, this wine shop and bistro offers mostly American favorites: The wedge salad is a nice starter, as is a better-than-average spinach dip. Solid entrees include superb chili con carne; octopus tacos; and truffle comte bikinis—crustless, toasted mini sandwiches native to Spain, served on toasted challah bread. Beer and wine are available on tap, or diners can nip into The Wine Store next door for a bottle of vino with no retail mark-up.
- Price: $$
- Hours: Monday-Saturday 4-9 p.m.
- Outdoor seating: Open-air patio
- Alcohol: Beer/Wine
- Reservations: Recommended
- Parking: Free, Lot available
- Extra Services: Catering
- Alcoholic beverages to go
- Call restaurant to order/pay
- Use restaurant website to order/pay