True Food at the Biltmore and Scottsdale Quarter is a local favorite for fresh and healthy food. One of the treats on the menu is a drink called The Natural. It is a fresh ginger and agave syrup soda. So this Thrifty Cook wondered if this could this be made at home. It is really simple and absolutely delicious. It is also a great stomach settler.
½ cup Agave Nectar
1 (3-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and finally chopped
1 cup Sparkling Water
Ginger Soda (pitcher)
½ Cup Ginger Syrup
3 Cups Sparkling Water
1. To make the syrup first peel the ginger
2. Next grate the ginger on a cheese grater
3. Measure out the Agave nectar (1/2 cup)
4. Measure out the Sparkling Water (1 cup)
5. Place the agave nectar, ginger, and sparkling water in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook until your house fills with a strong smell of ginger, about 1 hour. Let cool.
6. NOTE: you can refrigerate this mixture for up to 1 week
7. To make the soda: By the pitcher, combine ½ cup syrup with the soda water. By the glass, combine 2 teaspoons of the syrup with soda water
8. Pour over ice and serve cold