This recipe uses a left-over rotisserie chicken carcass to make the broth. You'll never throw a carcass out again once you see how easy it is to make homemade broth.
Grab the recipe for Homemade Chicken Noodle soup after the jump.
1 Rotisserie chicken
2 lbs Carrots
1 Celery bunch
1 Bunch whole leaf Parsley
3 Bay leaves
1 tsp marjoram
1 Garlic bulb (peeled)
Salt and pepper to taste
12 oz egg noodles
Directions For Broth:
1. Strip all of the meat off of the carcass and place the carcass into a stock pot.
2. Cut up 1 pound of carrots, one onion and half of a celery bunch.
3. Place carcass, cut carrots, onion, celery, bay leaves, half of the garlic bulb and ½ of the parsley bunch into a large pot cover with water and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce to a simmer and allow to cook in the pot for one hour.
5. Strain broth into a bowl, discard the carcass, vegetables and bay leaves.
Directions For Soup:
1. Cut up 1 pound of carrots, one onion and half of a celery bunch.
2. In a stock pot place 1 to 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
3. Add freshly cut vegetables cook in the oil until the onions are clear (5 to 7 min.)
4. Add broth, meat, marjoram, salt and pepper and other half of parsley bunch.
5. Simmer for 30 minutes
6. Cook noodles in a separate pan
7. Dish noodles into a bowl and pour soup over top. Serve immediately.
NOTE: This recipe will make a lot of soup so serve some and then freeze the rest in small freezer bags to pull out when the mode strikes. It will keep in the freezer for 6 months.