Last year we marked the hundred day countdown to Best of Phoenix by sharing some of our favorite food folks' "Personal Best" lists. This year we're bringing back our list of 100 Favorite Dishes. Have a suggestion for a dish you'd like us to try? Leave it in the comments section or email [email protected]
70. Thai Noodle Soup from RedThai
See also: Johnny Chu's RedThai Southeast Asian Kitchen Turns Up the Spice in Sunnyslope
Those who've been eating in the Valley for the last decade or so will likely be familiar with chef Johnny Chu. Since 1998 he's opened (and closed) a collection of Asian and Asian fusion restaurants in Downtown Phoenix, Chandler, Tempe, and beyond.
Chu's most recent restaurant arrived on the scene earlier this year in the form of RedThai, a pan-Asian restaurant that offers a menu with a smattering of Thai cuisine favorites. Like Sochu House and Sens in the past, it's a sleek space with modern design and a sultry style.
Our favorite from the menu is the Thai Noodle Soup, a spicy dish made with a light lemongrass broth. Clear rice noodles are interspersed with sliced rib eye, noodles, onions, garlic, scallions, and cilantro to provide a filling and flavor-packed lunch that won't break your budget. The heat is just enough to keep your interest as you slurp down every last noodle -- without leaving you in pain by the time you're done.
Miss a dish?
100. Pork Belly Pastrami from Citizen Public House
99. French Onion Soup from Bonjour Vietnam
98. Whiskey Cream Gelato from Marrazo That's Amore
97. Breakfast Croissant from Cartel Coffee Lab
96. Salmon "Yasu Style" at Yasu Sushi Bistro
95. Cannoli from DeFalco's Italian Deli
94. Falafel Sandwich from Al-Hana Restaurant
93. PBLT at Bootleggers
92. Samosa from Little India
91. Combo Plate from El Pollo Supremo
90. Brunch Burger from Orange Table
89. Duck Fat Fries from Bourbon Steak
88. Kurobuta Pork Chop from Noca
87. Carne Adovada Enchiladas from Los Dos Molinos
86. Maple Bacon Doughnut from Rainbow Donuts
85. Pad Khing from Nunthaporn's Thai Cuisine
84. Mariscos con Arroz from Tumi Fine Peruvian Cuisine
83. Chicago Dog from Portillo's Hot Dogs
82. Lemon Bars from Phoenix Public Market Cafe
81. Preserved Pickle and Pork Noodle Soup from Asian Cafe Express
80. Maine Lobster Roll from The Maine Lobster Lady
79. Lengua Tacos from Asadero Norte de Sonora
78. Black Licorice from Super Chunk Sweets and Treats
77. Cracker Jack from House of Tricks
76. Chicken Achari Curry from Curry Corner
75. Lavender Berry Lemonade Popsicle from AZ Pops
74. Truffle Bikini from The Tavern
73. Lemon and Basil Chicken Salad Sandwich from Essence Bakery Cafe
72. Oaxaca Special Burro from Carolina's
71. Texas Po' Boy from Texas BBQ House
Follow Chow Bella on Facebook and Twitter and Pinterest.