So what if you could make this recipe at home and have enough for left-overs for days? Beats take-out and is much cheaper when you consider the number of meals.
Grab the knock-off recipe for Pita Jungle's Fattoush Salad after the jump.
Dried Green Lentils
Red Wine Vinegar
1. Cook a bag of dried green lentils according to directions on bag
2. Cook 2 cups of brown rice according to directions on bag
3. Chop cucumbers and tomatoes, set aside
4. Place 2 tablespoons of Olive oil into a frying pan, heated to medium heat
5. Slice red onion and place into oil in pan, cook until caramelized
6. Toss lentils and rice into a large bowl and coat with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, ¼ cup of vinegar and ¼ cup of olive oil
7. If you want/like lettuce place a bed down on a plate, or leave it off if that is your preference
8. Place lentil and rice mixture down on the plate
9. Add cucumbers, tomatoes and onions on top
10. Sprinkle with sumac spice and serve with crispy pita chips