Blooze Bar Fire Likely Caused By Electrical Issue; Benefit Gigs Planned For Later This Week

Phoenix Fire Department officials suspect that last week's blaze that gutted the Blooze Bar in North Phoenix was caused by "electrical issue" in the building's attic.

According to Captain Scott Walker, the fire (which swept through the neighborhood bar and live music venue early last Wednesday morning) is being considered accidental and "doesn't appear to be suspicious at all" by department investigators.

Pictures of the charred remnants of the bar were posted on Facebook and reveal that (sadly) there isn't much left of it's interior, save for a few mementos. There's obviously a lot of work in store for Blooze Bar owner Tumbleweed, who was interviewed by KNVX last week and stated that he and wife Alyana Griffth plan to get busy with repairing and restoring the place right away.

"Hopefully we can rebuild and do what we do best: make people happy," Tumbleweed stated.

Although there's no exact timetable for bar's eventual reopening, the owner said they're hoping to make a return by the end of summer. Meanwhile, a number of local bands that performed at the Blooze are organizing a fundraising shows over the next week around the Valley.

The first takes place at Martini Ranch in Scottsdale this Thursday and will feature Michael Nitro and the hard rockers of Razer, Whiskey Six, and Age of Evil.

A pair of unique guitars will also be raffled off: one's a red sparkle number from Atomic Guitars and the other axe has been autographed by the members of Bullet for My Valentine. Doors open at 7 p.m. and admission is $5.

Fellow North Phoenix rock bar Joe's Grotto will also lend a hand with a benefit of its own this Sunday. It contains a lineup of 10 different bands performing on the joint's brand new stage, such as Truckers on Speed, Lit Up, Angry Jon, and 74th Street, as well as Van Halen tribute act VH Too. The music gets going at 2 p.m.