A 10-month-old girl was flown from a Yuma hospital to Phoenix Children's Hospital last week, as it was believed that the girl had been stung by a scorpion.
Turns out, there was no scorpion -- the little girl had eaten mom's meth and ecstasy.
According to Yuma police, a social worker from PCH called them about the young girl who had been flown all the way to Phoenix for a "scorpion sting" wasn't quite stung by a scorpion -- medical tests indicated the girl had amphetamines and ecstasy in her body.
Yuma police Corporal Leanne Worthen tells New Times that the girl's mother, 25-year-old Maria Robles, admitted to being a meth user, as well as leaving her drugs around within her daughter's reach.
Despite what you may have heard, Worthen says Robles did not give the drugs to her daughter.
The youngster stayed at PCH to be treated for the drug ingestion, and is now in the care of Child Protective Services.
Robles was arrested Monday, and got a trip to the Yuma County jail on charges of child abuse, endangerment, possession of dangerous drugs, and use of dangerous drugs.