Rebekah Mellon Accused of Murdering Husband in Their Willo Neighborhood Home After He "Said Some Crap"

A Phoenix man was shot in the head and killed Tuesday night, and his wife -- who was arrested in her husband's murder -- was light on the details, as she repeatedly fell asleep in police custody.

Rebekah Mellon faces a first-degree murder charge, as police say she's just about the only one who could've shot her husband of seven years, Donald Mellon Jr.

According to court documents obtained by New Times, someone called the cops to the Mellons' home for an "unknown trouble" around 10 p.m. Tuesday, and nobody answered the door for police.

Cops kicked the door in, and found Rebekah Mellon hanging out on the couch, with a handgun sticking out from between the cushions next to her.

Her husband was declared dead shortly thereafter, and Mellon -- who was the only person in the house -- was placed in the back of a cop car, where she fell asleep.

When the cops woke her up, Mellon said she knew nothing -- she just walked out of the bedroom, saw her husband bleeding on the floor, and called 9-1-1.

Police brought her down to the station, and according to court documents, she gave limited information and only answered a few questions -- before she fell asleep during the interview.

She did manage to tell police that her husband came into the bedroom and "said some crap" to her before he walked out of the room. Mellon said she found him on the floor and bleeding about 10 minutes later, and she called 9-1-1 while trying to give her husband first aid.

While she actually did not tend to his injuries, police say, Mellon did inform investigators that her husband was getting violent earlier in the night, and told police about a bruise she got after her husband "threw her across the room."

Police say her tailbone was lightly bruised, and she had scrapes slightly below it.

Mellon proceeded to "slightly" change her story a bit throughout the night, and refused to tell police if there was anyone else in the house that day, according to the documents.

She eventually said there was never anyone else in the house that day, until police interviewed some other people and found out four other people had been in the house that day, and they had left right before the shooting.

Mellon wouldn't tell police where her husband worked, either, before she finally told the cops he owned a few McDonald's stores.

Police say evidence indicates Mellon was the only shooter, and shot her husband once in the head.

Mellon refused to answer any more questions, and was arrested shortly after 8 a.m. yesterday.

According to court documents, there were previous domestic-violence incidents between the two, although police note the evidence indicates the shooting was unprovoked.

Mellon's bond was set at $1 million.