Erica Blasberg, Former UA Golf Star, May Have Committed Suicide, Father Says

The death of former University of Arizona golf phenom -- and LPGA Tour member -- Erica Blasberg shocked the golf world and now, three days after her body was discovered in her apartment near Las Vegas on Sunday, there are few answers.

Blasberg, 25, was found dead in her apartment on Sunday, and that was about all the Henderson Police Department was willing to tell us.

While the police aren't talking, Blasberg's father, Mel Blasberg, says that while her cause of death is yet to be determined, there's a chance she may have committed suicide.

"At first glance it looks like she might have taken her own life, but at second glance, something is very, very strange about it," he said to the Riverside Press Enterprise. "We're waiting for the police to make an investigation; it's a pending investigation."

"Either way, I lost her, and it's impossible to deal with."

Some light has been shed on Blasberg's demeanor in the days leading up to her death that might add to her father's suspicions.

According to a report in the New York Times, Blasberg was supposed to meet Irene Cho, Blasberg's best friend on the LPGA Tour, for dinner on Sunday night but never showed up.

Blasberg ditching out on dinner and a text message sent from Blasberg to Cho's caddie, worried Cho.

Here's what the Times had to say:

They had confirmed plans in a phone conversation last week, but Blasberg never made it. She was found dead on Sunday afternoon after the police responded to a 911 call from Blasberg's suburban Las Vegas home.

"I think everybody is kind of shocked," Cho said.

Cho's caddie, Missy Pederson, was supposed to carry Blasberg's bag on Monday. She said she retrieved a text message from Blasberg on Sunday morning saying that she was not coming.

The text was sent in the middle of the night, which worried Pederson, who sent Blasberg a text message saying she hoped everything was O.K. Pederson never received a reply.

The Henderson PD still won't say much about the death, only that suicide has not been ruled out and that the results of a toxicology report will be available in about six weeks.