Alleged Baby-Beater Gregory Amador Faces Likely Murder Charge After 2-Year-Old Victim Dies

Alleged baby-beater Gregory Amador now faces a likely murder rap after the 2-year-old boy he beat up last week died over the weekend.

The boy, who'd been brain dead and in the hospital since last week, died Saturday, authorities say.

According to court documents obtained by New Times, Amador called police about 10:30 Thursday morning to report that "his son's" eyes had rolled into the back of his head and he was unresponsive.

The boy, police later learned, isn't Amador's son. Rather, he's the son of Amador's girlfriend and another man.

The boy was taken from his El Mirage home to Boswell Hospital. While en route to the hospital, paramedics noticed "suspicious" injuries on the boy.

When he arrived at the hospital, the boy had life-threatening injuries and was airlifted to Phoenix Children's Hospital, where Boswell emergency room staff alerted doctors that the boy's injuries were the result of "non-accidental trauma."

He was immediately taken into surgery, but doctors determined the injuries to be too severe to repair. Following surgery, the boy was taken to the pediatric intensive care unit with the prognosis of "imminent death."

Meanwhile, Amador was taken to the El Mirage police station and questioned by detectives.

After getting mirandized, Amador sang like a bird -- he told detectives he was angry with the boy and spanked him. Following the spanking, the boy continued to anger Amador by "not doing what he was supposed to be doing."

After initially telling police the boy fell out of his high chair, Amador admitted that he was actually still angry at the 2-year-old and yanked him out of the chair before dropping him on the ground.

After tossing the boy out of his high chair, Amador got scared and didn't bother calling paramedics, even though the boy was showing signs of distress.

Amador told police the boy was unresponsive for a while before his eyes started rolling into the back of his head. That's when he finally decided to call paramedics.