What's more fun than opening a present or two on Christmas Eve? Opening a present or two while drinking a glass of eggnog or mulled wine, that's what.
For some of us, Christmas weekend spells champagne toasts, whiskey, and plenty of grown-up hot chocolate. For others, it means Chinese food and a stiff drink. Whatever your tradition, celebrate and be merry, but just don't take your drunken shenanigans into the driver's seat and out on the road.
As we all know from the Arizona Department of Transportation signs lining the highways, drinking and driving always is a terrible idea.
(See here for New Times' Christmas gift to ADOT: other Star Wars themed road sign ideas.)
Seriously, Arizona, just don't do it.
And if for some reason common sense and compassion for others isn't enough of a deterrence, here's where highway patrol officers will be stationed and on the lookout for intoxicated drivers throughout the Valley this Yuletide weekend.
- Phoenix: 2212 East Bell Road
- Phoenix: 2750 West Thunderbird Road
- Phoenix: 8233 North 7th Street
- Phoenix: 2700 West Thomas Road
- Phoenix: 1610 East Highland Avenue
- Phoenix: 3443 South Central Avenue
- Scottsdale: 7601 E. McKellips Road
- Chandler: 1875 South Alma School Road
- Tempe: 1340 East University Drive
- Peoria: 8351 West Cinnabar Avenue