If you're in the same boat, then you'll be happy to know you can learn all that and more at a workshop tomorrow morning at the Phoenix Public Market Cafe. Starting at 9 a.m., Monika Woolsey of Hip Veggies will lead a demonstration and workshop teaching attendees everything they need to know about harvesting nopal.
The workshop will cover:
- health benefits of eating nopales
- which prickly pear you can harvest and eat from your yard
- when and how to harvest prickly pear
- where to buy nopales in Phoenix
- traditional ways to prepare and eat nopales
- cooking techniques and flavor profiles for creating your own recipes
- which chefs in Phoenix are cooking with nopales
- how to cook with nopales in your own kitchen
Pre-registration for the workshop is required and can be completed online. All attendees will receive a recipe booklet and restaurant list. A suggested donation of $10 can be made at the event.
For more information, check the Phoenix Public Market website.