Beer nerds and whiskey lovers, listen up. Starting today at 4 p.m., Yucca Tap Room will have nine different barrel-aged beers on draft, including stouts, a barleywine, and a sour ale. That means it's time to hide inside the dark, cool, cave-like bar at Yucca and sip your way through a flight of rich, flavorful brews from the barrel.
Here's the line-up on draft:
- Goose Island Bourbon County Brand Stout (Bourbon Barrel Aged Imperial Stout, 14.2%)
- Deschutes The Abyss (Barrel Aged Imperial Stout, 11%)
- Deschutes Mirror Mirror (Wine Barrel Aged Barleywine, 11.2%)
- Anderson Valley Huge Arker (Bourbon Barrel Aged Imperial Stout, 13.5%)
- Moylan's Old Blarney (Bourbon Barrel Aged Barleywine, 10%)
- Oskar Blues G'Knight (Breckenridge Whiskey Barrel Aged Imperial Red, 8.7%)
- Joseph James Red Fox (Bourbon Barrel Aged Imperial Stout, 9.5%)
- New Belgium La Folie (Oak Barrel Aged Sour Brown Ale, 7%
- Founders KBS (Bourbon Barrel Aged Imperial Stout , 11.2%)
All nine brews will be ready at Yucca Tap Room's lounge starting today at 4 p.m. 10-ounce pours will be available for $8 or $9, depending on which brew you choose, or you can get a flight of three for $12.
Seven of the nine varieties are only torpedo keg-sized, so stop by before the barrels run dry.
Keep Phoenix New Times Free... Since we started Phoenix New Times, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Phoenix, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Phoenix with no paywalls.