Last year we marked the hundred day countdown to Best of Phoenix by sharing some of our favorite food folks' "Personal Best" lists. This year we're bringing back our list of 100 Favorite Dishes. Have a suggestion for a dish you'd like us to try? Leave it in the comments section or email [email protected]
69. Breakfast Sandwich from Lux Central
See also: Lux Central vs. Chloe's Corner: Quiche Crush
Although most people would say the main attraction at Lux is eyeing fellow patrons as they walk in and out of the always busy cafe, there's more to this spot than just some pretty faces. If you find yourself not up for the hassle of making breakfast one weekend morning, Lux will be there with Dutch pancakes and veggie scrambles and, our favorite, the breakfast sandwich.
The breakfast sandwich, which is $6.50, isn't some innovative breakfast marvel. It's simple, straightforward, and tasty. After all, what more do you really want in the morning than a fried egg, smoky, crunchy pepper bacon, tomato, and cheese, all perfectly encased by a crispy, buttered english muffin? That's what we thought.
Sure, you'll probably have to wait in line about ten minutes and then wait another 30 before your food is ready as the steady stream of orders flood the Lux kitchen, but it beats doing dishes later.
Miss a dish?
100. Pork Belly Pastrami from Citizen Public House
99. French Onion Soup from Bonjour Vietnam
98. Whiskey Cream Gelato from Marrazo That's Amore
97. Breakfast Croissant from Cartel Coffee Lab
96. Salmon "Yasu Style" at Yasu Sushi Bistro
95. Cannoli from DeFalco's Italian Deli
94. Falafel Sandwich from Al-Hana Restaurant
93. PBLT at Bootleggers
92. Samosa from Little India
91. Combo Plate from El Pollo Supremo
90. Brunch Burger from Orange Table
89. Duck Fat Fries from Bourbon Steak
88. Kurobuta Pork Chop from Noca
87. Carne Adovada Enchiladas from Los Dos Molinos
86. Maple Bacon Doughnut from Rainbow Donuts
85. Pad Khing from Nunthaporn's Thai Cuisine
84. Mariscos con Arroz from Tumi Fine Peruvian Cuisine
83. Chicago Dog from Portillo's Hot Dogs
82. Lemon Bars from Phoenix Public Market Cafe
81. Preserved Pickle and Pork Noodle Soup from Asian Cafe Express
80. Maine Lobster Roll from The Maine Lobster Lady
79. Lengua Tacos from Asadero Norte de Sonora
78. Black Licorice from Super Chunk Sweets and Treats
77. Cracker Jack from House of Tricks
76. Chicken Achari Curry from Curry Corner
75. Lavender Berry Lemonade Popsicle from AZ Pops
74. Truffle Bikini from The Tavern
73. Lemon and Basil Chicken Salad Sandwich from Essence Bakery Cafe
72. Oaxaca Special Burro from Carolina's
71. Texas Po' Boy from Texas BBQ House
70. Thai Noodle Soup from RedThai
Follow Chow Bella on Facebook and Twitter and Pinterest.