Have you given up on your New Year's resolutions yet? Let us help you get there a little quicker by making some cheater donuts. This way you can enjoy the crispy fried taste without the risk of being caught in a donut shop by your friends that you made the resolution with. These are called cheaters because you don't even have to make the dough -- canned biscuit dough is all you need. And because, like we said, you can cheat on your resolution and no one has to know.
Learn how to make Cheater Dounts after the jump.
Sugared Cheater Donuts
1 tube Pillsbury biscuits
Oil for deep frying
1. Heat vegetable oil to 375 degrees
2. Separate dough from the tube and roll into a ball shape
3. Drop the dough balls into a frying pan that has enough heated oil to fill the pan
4. Turn them over and fry evenly until golden brown, this will take just a few minutes
5. Transfer out onto a stack of paper towel to drain excess oil
6. Prepare a shallow dish with powdered sugar
7. Dust each donut with the sugar, and serve immediately
Keep Phoenix New Times Free... Since we started Phoenix New Times, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Phoenix, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Phoenix with no paywalls.