Berries and booze? Yes, please.
Sweet Tooth blogger Erica, a twenty-something dental student with a baking obsession, came up with the idea for chocolate covered strawberry shot glasses with her friend Marissa.
"They're as simple as they look," Erica writes. "-- hulled out strawberries dipped in melted chocolate and filled with whatever you'd like. We combined vanilla vodka, Godiva liquor, and some chocolate syrup for a delicious shot in an edible glass. Take your shot and eat it too!"
Oh yes, Erica, we will. Many times. Good luck getting that tray away from us.
Follow the jump to get some tips from Erica on how to make these beautiful berries of booze.
- Try to choose strawberries as big as you can find, unless of course you want to make baby shots
- Cut the point of the strawberry off so they can stand on their own, the melted chocolate helps form a little base too which makes them even more stable
- We recommend hulling out the strawberries using a paring knife and grapefruit spoon, you have to be careful not to make them too thin or they'll break (nothing a little melted chocolate can't help mend!). Don't forget to pat strawberries dry before dipping in chocolate.
- Freeze the dipped strawberry cups for maximum sturdiness, and to keep your drink cold. Let them thaw for a few minutes before serving so no one breaks any teeth
- Top with whipped cream and sprinkles for an extra special touch (we thought of the idea after already doing the grocery shopping, oh well)
Keep Phoenix New Times Free... Since we started Phoenix New Times, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Phoenix, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Phoenix with no paywalls.