The annual Dining Out for Life fundraiser will take place this week on Thursday, April 24. On that day, dozens of local restaurants have pledged to donate anywhere from 10 percent to 50 percent of their proceeds to the Southwest Center for HIV/AIDS. The money raised from diners on Thursday will go toward the ongoing campaign of education, health, and wellness services in our area.
Participating restaurants include Cibo Pizzeria, Bliss ReBar, Mi Patio, and Rancho Pinot, all of which will donate half of their proceeds to the cause. Both Barrio Cafe and MacAlpine's Restaurant & Soda Fountain will be donating 100 percent of their proceeds for the event. For more participating restaurants, read on.
Participating restaurants include:
- Alexis' Grill (50 percent, dinner)
- Astor House (25 percent, lunch)
- The Bar on Central (50 percent, late night/bar)
- Barrio Cafe (100 percent, lunch)
- Bliss ReBar (50 percent, dinner)
- BLT Steak at Camelback Inn (25 percent, dinner)
- Christo's Ristorante (50 percent, dinner)
- Cibo Pizzeria (50 percent, dinner)
- FEZ Restaurant & Bar (50 percent, dinner)
- HULA's Modern Tiki Phoenix and Scottdale (25 percent, lunch/dinner)
- MacAlpine's Restaurant & Soda Fountain (100 percent, lunch/dinner)
- The Market by Jennifer's in Arcadia (25 percent, any meal)
- Mi Patio (50 percent, lunch/dinner)
- Over Easy Arcadia (25 percent, breakfast)
- PizzaPeoplePub (50 percent, dinner)
- Porkopolis (25 percent, lunch/dinner)
- Rancho Pinot Grill (50 percent, dinner)
- Red Thai (25 percent, dinner)
- Rita's Kitchen at Camelback Inn (25 percent, dinner)
- Sochu House (50 percent, lunch/dinner)
- Switch Restaurant & Wine Bar (50 percent, dinner)
- Tuck Shop (25 percent, dinner)
- Vovomeena (25 percent, breakfast/brunch/lunch)
- Wild Thaiger (50 percent, dinner)
The Southwest Center for HIV/AIDS is a nonprofit research and resource center. It's the largest "clinical trial, education, behavioral health and nutrition support center dedicated to fighting HIV and AIDS in the Southwestern United States."
You can view the complete list of restaurants participating in Dining Out For Life -- as well as what percentage they'll be donating and during what meals -- on the Dining Out For Life website.
Keep Phoenix New Times Free... Since we started Phoenix New Times, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Phoenix, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Phoenix with no paywalls.