Beauty Lab: Cookin' up good looks in nature's pharmacy.
Our poor feet. They take us everywhere we want to go and what thanks do they get? Crammed into a pair of fabulous shoes to endure hours of fashion pain. Sure, we vow we'll never do it again, but we know how that goes. Save for wearing flip flops with that Diane von Furstenberg (not gonna happen), we'll be back at it for another pad-pounding day.
Kym Douglas and Cindy Pearlman, beauty experts and authors of The Beauty Cookbook, understand the torture we put our paws through. Thankfully, they've got a solution that uses a few simple ingredients, removes dead skin, and leaves our feet feeling silky smooth.
It all starts in the medicine cabinet...
Here's what you'll need:
5 Aspirin 2 Spoons for crushing 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice 2 Large plastic bags (like the ones from the grocery store)
Three easy steps:
1.) Crush the aspirin by placing them between the two spoons and turning them into powder then place in a bowl and mix with the lemon juice until you have a thick paste.
2.) Apply the mixture to your feet and then place a plastic bag around each foot.
3.) Rest for 15 minutes, wash feet with warm water and apply moisturizer.
What You Should Know:
- Forget the two spoons, you can crush the aspirin right in the bowl with one.
- Kym and Cindy don't tell you what to apply the mixture with and unless you want your Thanksgiving Day turkey to smell like feet, forgo a basting brush. Try a clean cloth or a disposable sponge instead.
- You've got friggin' bags on your feet and you're applying a cold-ish mixture to them. Go to the bathroom beforehand unless you want to be your own slumber party joke.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- Do not tie the ends of the bags around your ankles. You are not a hobo.
- Walk (shuffle) to the bathroom with the bags still on your feet to avoid a mess.
Does it Work?
Yeah, it does. Just as good as a lotion and a hell of a lot cheaper. Plus, you get to rest for 15 minutes with plastic bags around your feet. I'd throw in a bathrobe and some pizza rolls just for effect before calling your significant other into the room.