It looks like skinny margaritas aren't the only low-cal cocktails taking over the Valley. Take it from Bravo reality star Bethenny Frankel, who made an appearance in Scottsdale last week to promote her recently launched line of Skinnygirl ready-to-serve drinks. Originally, the line began with only a 100-calorie margarita, but it now includes an equally slimming bottle of sangria.
We hustled around town to find the best cocktails less than 300 calories (most are much less). Check out the list below and be sure to mention your favorites in the comments:
1. The Skinny Bitch at the Blue Martini is a tasty, under-250-calorie glass of blue vodka, Tropicana 50 blueberry/pomegranate juice and blueberry purée. It may sound like a lot to handle, but it's sweet, light and refreshing.
2. Bliss/reBar in Phoenix sports a menu of "naked drinks" featuring creative concoctions like the Chambord naked raznilla, an under-100-cal Italian soda ($7.50), and the Absolut naked lemonberry -- an icy blueberry lemon drop featuring fresh-squeezed lemon juice, frozen berries and Sprite Zero ($8).
More favorites after the jump...
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
3. The Volipolitan at Bungalow Bar and Grill in Scottsdale is made with Voli lemon vodka, cranberry juice and crisp, fresh-squeezed lime. The tart, simple beverage is only $4 during happy hour ($7 normally) and is part of the eatery's slimming summer menu of skinny drinks and low-cal meals.
4. The Arrogant Butcher in downtown Phoenix blends rum, mint, lime and soda with all-natural sweetener for a skinny raspberry mojito that's fresh and juicy but strong enough to outlast the evening. Can we order this in a jug, please? ($9).
5. Tired of all the sweet drinks? For $8, we tried the skinny margarita at Rock Bottom Brewery, which definitely doesn't fit into the standard skinny margarita trend: They left the drink delightfully limey and unsweetened save for a tiny bit of orange juice.