Please excuse our absence. Gross Out got food poisoning and was out of commission for a while.
But we're back! And this time with news of the "No Award" given last month by county restaurant inspectors to Urban Campfire, the Tempe restaurant in the spot that once housed Greasy Tony's on University, just east of Rural.
For such a small place, they racked up a lot of violations:
Pesticide in the kitchen. An opened package of hot dogs with no date. Raw chicken at a sink where dishes were to be washed. An uncertified manager. And old meat: cooked chicken, ham and turkey, some 3 days past the expiration.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
Doesn't really inspire an appetite for BBQ.