by Amy Silverman
I scream, you scream, we all scream...
When we see live cockroaches. Particularly in an establishment that serves food.
So imagine the dismay of Maricopa County restaurant inspectors, when on not one but two consecutive visits, they found cockroaches in a cabinet at the Haagen Dazs at 7014 E. Camelback Road in Scottsdale. (At the Scottsdale Fashion Square food court.)
During a routine inpsection on June 30, inspectors "OBSERVED LIVE ROACHES (3+) IN CABINET UNDER SINK".
Also that day (a "no award" day, as you might imagine) the county noticed leaky pipes, a lack of proper food service worker certification, and the preparation of food sans gloves.
OK, everyone can make a mistake. Bugs are a part of life. I personally came home from vacation last week to ants. But if county inspectors warn you to get rid of cockroaches, you get rid of cockroaches.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
On July 14, inspectors found at least five more live roaches under that same cabinet.
Apparently roaches check into the Scottsdale Haagen Dazs -- but they don't check out.