Thursday night, the Arizona Restaurant Association announced the winners of the second annual Foodist Awards during an event at the Montelucia Resort in Scottsdale. The awards celebrate "the most amazing tastes, faces and places in Arizona food and beverage."
Finalists were announced in early April with 30 chefs, restaurants, and mixologists nominated in 10 categories. Those categories included Food Pioneer, Top Chef, and Master Mixologist.
Here are the winners of the 2014 Foodist Awards:
- Top Chef: Gio Osso of Virtù Honest Craft
- Master Mixologist: Stephanie Teslar of Blue Hound Kitchen & Cocktails
- Food Pioneer: Craig DeMarco and Lauren Bailey of Upward Projects
- Outstanding Multiple-Location Restaurant: Mastro's Restaurants
- Good Neighbor: Community Kitchen (from St. Mary's Food Bank Alliance)
- Outstanding Restaurant Concept: Proof Canteen at the Four Seasons
- Outstanding Food Truck: The Maine Lobster Lady
- Emerging Restaurant of the Year: The Original Chop Shop Co.
- Uniquely Arizona: Elote
- Best Dish "Steak": Durant's
For more information visit the 2014 Foodist Award website.
Keep Phoenix New Times Free... Since we started Phoenix New Times, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Phoenix, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Phoenix with no paywalls.