Forks up, Phoenix! Chow Bella and Roosevelt Row present the sixth annual Pie Social at 2 on Saturday, November 21, at the Bioscience High School at 512 East Pierce Street in Phoenix. We've got an all-star lineup of bakers making pies for you to taste, and from now till Pie Social, we'll introduce them to you, one by one, through pie charts designed by each chef to capture his or her persona as a baker.
Today: Josh Nelson of Jobot
East Coast-born and trained at The Culinary Institute of America, Josh Nelson has been at Roosevelt Row's Jobot for the past three and a half years. He designed the menu and manages the restaurant, in addition to creating new items for the Sunday Brunch Special each week. But don't think he doesn't know what he's doing when it comes to pie — Nelson also bakes fresh pastries for Jobot every morning from scratch.
Meet the other Pie Social celebrity chefs:
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to Phoenix New Times's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Phoenix's stories with no paywalls.
Support Our Journalism
Virginia Senior of Urban Beans
Adam Allison of SuperTruck
LaDawn Driscoll of Liberty Market
- Audrey Enriquez of Sheraton Wild Horse Pass
- Garrett Verhage of Grassroots Kitchen and Tap
- Casey Hopkins-Johnson of Welcome Chicken + Donuts
- Julie Moreno of Jewel's Bakery & Cafe
- Country and Sergio Velador of Super Chunk Sweets and Treats
- Dusty Sullivan of Benedict's Catering
- Jeff Kraus of Crepe Bar
- Traci Zitzer of Urban Table
- Lisa Levinson of The Bakery PHX
- Eliot Wexler of Nocawich
- Danielle Morris of Earnest