Last year, we marked the hundred day countdown to Best of Phoenix by sharing some of our favorite food folks' "Personal Best" lists. This year we're bringing back our list of 100 Favorite Dishes. Have a suggestion for a dish you'd like us to try? Leave it in the comments section or email [email protected]
72. Oaxaca Special Burro from Carolina's
See Also: Carolina's Oaxaca Special Burro, Enchilada-Style: A Must-Try Classic.
What's so special about the Oaxaca Special burro, you ask? Well, aside from being wrapped in what many argue to be the Valley's best tortillas, eating it is like getting a belly hug from a burrito.
The stick-to-your-ribs blend of spicy chorizo, fried potatoes, refried beans, and cheese might sound like an unbearable gut bomb, but all blends together to be a rich, flavorful, and comforting experience for just $3.65. Plus, those fresh, handmade tortillas are seriously just as good as everyone says, and you'll likely find yourself ordering a bag to use at home.
Whether you do that, you still have your burro, which you can then opt to slather your burro in the house hot sauce or even get it enchilada style for just a little extra. Or you can get a machaca taco on the side for about the same price. No matter what you choose at Carolina's, it's easy to get completely stuffed on tasty Mexican food for right around $5.
Miss a dish?
100. Pork Belly Pastrami from Citizen Public House
99. French Onion Soup from Bonjour Vietnam
98. Whiskey Cream Gelato from Marrazo That's Amore
97. Breakfast Croissant from Cartel Coffee Lab
96. Salmon "Yasu Style" at Yasu Sushi Bistro
95. Cannoli from DeFalco's Italian Deli
94. Falafel Sandwich from Al-Hana Restaurant
91. Combo Plate from El Pollo Supremo
90. Brunch Burger from Orange Table
89. Duck Fat Fries from Bourbon Steak
88. Kurobuta Pork Chop from Noca
87. Carne Adovada Enchiladas from Los Dos Molinos
86. Maple Bacon Doughnut from Rainbow Donuts
85. Pad Khing from Nunthaporn's Thai Cuisine
84. Mariscos con Arroz from Tumi Fine Peruvian Cuisine
83. Chicago Dog from Portillo's Hot Dogs
82. Lemon Bars from Phoenix Public Market Cafe
81. Preserved Pickle and Pork Noodle Soup from Asian Cafe Express
80. Maine Lobster Roll from The Maine Lobster Lady
79. Lengua Tacos from Asadero Norte de Sonora
78. Black Licorice from Super Chunk Sweets and Treats
77. Cracker Jack from House of Tricks
76. Chicken Achari Curry from Curry Corner
75. Lavender Berry Lemonade Popsicle from AZ Pops
74. Truffle Bikini from The Tavern
73. Lemon and Basil Chicken Salad Sandwich from Essence Bakery Cafe