Are you as excited as we are for Pie Social 2014? You will be once you get a load of this year's celebrity chef lineup. This year, 16 chefs will craft pie masterpieces to compete for the title of best in show. The fifth annual event, hosted by Chow Bella and Roosevelt Row, features both returning competitors and newbies and we can't wait to taste what they bake.
Pie Social 2014 will take place Saturday, November 15 from 2 until 5 p.m. at the "What Should Go Here" Pop Up Park on the northeast corner of Second Street and Roosevelt.
Here's the lineup:
See also: Pie Social 2013: A Judge's Recap
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- Shelley Au, Shelley's Specialty Desserts
- Eddie Castillo, AZ Food Crafters
- Chris Collins, Grassroots Kitchen and Tap
- LaDawn Driscoll , Liberty Market
- Kat Dwight, Phoenix Public Market Cafe
- Omei Eaglerider , Fabulous Food Catering
- Suzanne Gwyn, Bake Goods
- Jeff Kraus, Crepe Bar
- Cassie McKay, Arcadia Farms Cafe
- Joshua Nelson, Jobot
- Ricardo Palacio, Urban Cookies
- Monique Rossingol, Herb Box
- Virginia Senior, Urban Beans
- Dana Stern, Bragg's Factory Diner
- Country Velador, Super Chunk Sweets and Treats
- Traci Zitzer, Urban Table
If you're interested in bringing pies, you can still come to the event as a community baker. Just bring two pies per entry, and we'll have ice to keep things cool. There's no need to sign up beforehand, just bring your pies to the event if you're interested. Those pies will earn you five tasting tickets to try out the celeb pie offerings for yourself. Or you can pay $10 and buy five tasting tickets without heating up your kitchen.
We'll keep you updated with more information on the event as soon as it's available and stay tuned for our special Pie.Q. (it's like IQ, but with pie) quiz with all 16 of this year's competitors.