Lasagna can seem like an ingredients-heavy meal with a lot of steps and full of fat from the noodles and cheese, but there are ways around all of the road blocks. Make it simple by using "no-boil" lasagna noodles, skip the meat and add in grated vegetables for a sneaky healthier -- and affordable -- option.
Learn how to make this quick recipe after the jump.
• Olive Oil
• 1 Onion
• 6 Cloves of Garlic
• 1 Jar of pasta sauce
• 1 Zucchini
• 1 Summer Squash
• No Boil Lasagna Noodles
• 1 small container of Ricotta Cheese
• 1 small block of Mozzarella Cheese, Shredded
• Aluminum foil
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Coat a baking pan with olive oil using a paper towel to coat the surface
3. Grate one zucchini and one summer squash on a cheese grater
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
4. Chop an onion and 6 cloves of garlic
5. In a pan heat 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
6. Cook onion and garlic until onions are clear
7. In a bowl mix onion and garlic with jar of pasta sauce
8. Shred a block of Mozzarella Cheese using a cheese grater, set a side
9. Layer a row of "no boil" lasagna noodles into the bottom of the pan
10. Sprinkle a layer of the grated vegetables on top of noodles
11. Pour a layer of the pasta sauce mixture
12. Sprinkle ricotta cheese
13. Repeat steps 8 - 11 until you reach the top of the pan, then cover the top layer with Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
14. Cover the pan of lasagna with aluminum foil and bake for 35 minutes, uncover and allow top to brown, remove from oven and allow to sit for 10 to 15 minutes before serving
Cut and serve, enjoy your veggies without even seeing them!