Learn how to make this Camping Apron after the jump.
Vinyl table cloth fabric
1. Fund a used apron in your own closet, at a thrift store or a yard sale.
2. Buy vinyl table cloth material, lay it down and measure the sizes you'll need to cover the already existing design on the apron.
3. Sew this fabric down in sectioned columns so that you have pockets to hold your cooking tongs and band aids.
4. Now create a drawing on grid paper, or use an iron down pattern.
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to Phoenix New Times's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Phoenix's stories with no paywalls.
Support Our Journalism
5. Transfer the design to the bottom of the apron with pencil.
6. Wrap the hoop around the traced design on the apron and tighten the hoop down. Use that area to run the needle up and down to fill in the embroidery lines (check out a few helpful stitches here).
7. Move the hoop over, as needed, to complete the design.
8. Once done, wear and enjoy!