Learn how to make this Camping Apron after the jump.
Vinyl table cloth fabric
1. Fund a used apron in your own closet, at a thrift store or a yard sale.
2. Buy vinyl table cloth material, lay it down and measure the sizes you'll need to cover the already existing design on the apron.
3. Sew this fabric down in sectioned columns so that you have pockets to hold your cooking tongs and band aids.
4. Now create a drawing on grid paper, or use an iron down pattern.
5. Transfer the design to the bottom of the apron with pencil.
6. Wrap the hoop around the traced design on the apron and tighten the hoop down. Use that area to run the needle up and down to fill in the embroidery lines (check out a few helpful stitches here).
7. Move the hoop over, as needed, to complete the design.
8. Once done, wear and enjoy!
Keep Phoenix New Times Free... Since we started Phoenix New Times, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Phoenix, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Phoenix with no paywalls.