The Super Bowl is right around the corner, which means it's time to prepare yourself for chugging cheap light beer, inhaling heaping portions of nachos, and rooting for the team you feel deserves the title for an entire Sunday.
The Super Bowl is the conclusion to most red-blooded Americans' thirst for professional and individual competition -- that is, until August, when this traditional round-up starts again.
Though the sport's attention to hard bodies is usually reserved for the teams' cheerleaders, the league also is populated with a score of x-chromosome carrying athletic eye-candy. Not only are these pros the best at this full-contact sport, they definitely do a body good and keep onlookers drooling over their sculpted features.
10. Clay Matthews This Green Bay Packers linebacker puts Greek Gods to shame with his chiseled jaw line and long, curly blond locks. Even on Green Bay's most frigid winter night, Clay melts hearts of Packer fans and admirers alike.
9. Tony Gonzalez Tall, dark, and handsome do not even begin to describe this Atlanta Falcon. The tight end from California is a 13 time Pro-Bowl selection and has broken NFL reception records along with the hearts of Falcon followers.
8. Vernon Davis Speaking of tight ends, this NFC champ and San Francisco 49er is dominating the 2012 season in receiving yards and touchdowns. Vernon assisted in leading the 49ers to their victory to participate in this year's Super Bowl, defeating the Atlanta Falcons 28-25.
7. Tom Brady This New England Patriot is a given. Quarterback Tom Brady, though taken by Brazilian bombshell Gisele Bundechen, clenches two bona fide titles: People's Sexiest Man Alive and the NFL record for most touchdown passes in a regular season. His charming boyish looks have mesmerized Patriot fans and groupies for the last 10 years.
6. Ray Rice Participating in the 2013 Super Bowl against the San Francisco 49ers, running back Ray Rice is a fresh young face for the Baltimore Ravens. The 26 year old Rutgers graduate is a must see on NFL's biggest stage.
5. Brady Quinn Kansas City Chiefs backup quarterback Brady Quinn dazzles both young and old with his bewitching smile and shaggy tress. This former Fighting Irish QB makes adoring spectators envy the bench beneath his buns.
4. Arian Foster The 2009 undrafted free agent is one of the leading running backs in the NFL. Houston Texan Arian Foster's trim physique has aided him in speed, agility, and guaranteed him as the starting running back for the 2013 Pro Bowl.
3.Aaron Rodgers Who wants a mustache ride? Aaron Rodgers, The Green Bay Packers quarterback brought the '70s porn star 'stache back and did it justice. One of the NFL's leading and most respected QBs, Aaron knows how to make wholesome look raunchy.
2. Drew Brees New Orleans Saints star quarterback, advertising mecca, and hunky father Drew Brees is a dish in his gold and black. In addition to holding the NFL's record for most passing yards in a season, Drew has been the face of Sports Illustrated's Sportsman of the Year and has been a consistent advertising aid for an assortment of commercial campaigns.
1. Mark Sanchez Two words come to mind when thinking about New York Jets quarterback, Mark Sanchez; muy caliente. Though the former USC heartthrob has been battling Jets teammate Tim Tebow in the 2012 season for the starting quarterback job, Mark still ignites a sultry spark in our hearts.
Catch the pros in action for Super Bowl XLVII, Sunday, Feb. 3, and cheer on your favorite hottie as the AFC's Baltimore Ravens battle the NFC's San Francisco 49ers.
Keep Phoenix New Times Free... Since we started Phoenix New Times, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Phoenix, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Phoenix with no paywalls.