A plain tank top is essential, but can also get a little boring.
Our tip this week: spice things up a little with a patterned fabric, a few cuts, and a few stitches.
Learn how to make your own restyled tank top after the jump.
-- Cotton tank top
-- Cotton Fabric (to add in)
-- Matching Thread
-- Fabric Chalk
-- Clear sewing ruler
-- Sewing Machine
1. Use fabric chalk and a ruler to mark center point of the tank top
2. Use again to draw a straight line from center point to arm pit
3. Begin at the shoulder seam and cut out all of the area from chalk line to seam
4. Choose a fill in fabric that you'd like to use. I this case pink wood grain was used
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to Phoenix New Times's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Phoenix's stories with no paywalls.
Support Our Journalism
5. Roll over the cut lines and pin down
6. Tuck fill in fabric in and pin in place
7. Sew all seams on a sewing machine
8. Trim excess fabric and threads