Fat Ox is an ambitious Italian restaurant resulting from a collaboration between chef Matt Carter (The Mission, Zinc Bistro, The House Brasserie) and partners Mark Drinkwater and Brian Raab. The high-powered trio has secured some of Arizona's top culinary talent to lead the kitchen, including Rochelle Daniel, formerly of L’Auberge de Sedona, now the chef de cuisine at Fat Ox. If you can look past the restaurant's loud, glossy sheen, though, Fat Ox's take on contemporary Italian fare will reward you with bold and often inventive flavor.
- Price: $$$
- Hours: Sunday-Thursday 4:30-9 p.m.; Friday & Saturday 5-10 p.m.
- Outdoor seating: Open-air patio
- Alcohol: Full bar
- Reservations: Recommended
- Parking: Lot available
- Extra Services: Private-group dining
- Call restaurant to order/pay
- Curbside pickup