Formerly known as El Nuevo Taquito, this popular west side taqueria completely rebranded recently, upgrading its dining room and emerging as Taqueria El Fundador. The menu, thankfully, has retained its great selection of tacos, which includes smoky, juicy carne asada, spicy chicken, and excellent al pastor, which is shaved fresh off the spinning trompo. The menu also offers a good selection of Mexican tortas, which are given a nice crisp on the flat top grill, a smattering of seafood specialties and veggie sides, some great homemade menudo on the weekends, quesadillas that bulge with grizzled, juicy nubs of meat, and of course, plenty of great burritos.
- Price: $
- Hours: Monday-Saturday 9 a.m.-9 p.m.
- Outdoor seating: Open-air patio
- Alcohol: No Alcohol
- Reservations: Not necessary
- Parking: Free, Lot available, On-street
- Extra Services: Catering
- Call restaurant to order/pay
- Use restaurant website to order/pay