The "Louis Vuitton Don" is moving units down at Zia Record Exchange.
Although Kanye West's emotionally-wrought 808s & Heartbreak didn't prove as big a smash with most fans and critics as his previous discs, it's still a quality album (our music editor Martin Cizmar considers it one his faves of 2008) that's continues to chart pretty damn high on the Billboard charts.
It's also flying off the shelves at the north Phoenix location of Zia Record Exchange, 2510 West Thunderbird Road, where it tops the list of the ten best-selling albums for the week of January 6-12.In some ways, the list mimics the current Billboard 200, as eight out of 10 of the acts and artist on Zia's top sellers list are also burning up the charts.
If you're curious who else made the list, hit the break.
1. Kanye West, 808s & Heartbreak (Roc-A-Fella)
2. Ludacris, Theater of the Mind (DTP)
3. Pink, Funhouse (LaFace)
4. T.I., Paper Trail (Grand Hustle)
5. Guns N' Roses, Chinese Democracy (Geffen)
6. Jamie Foxx, Intuition (J)
7. Britney Spears, Circus (Jive)
8. Nickelback, Dark Horse (Roadrunner)
9. Hollywood Undead, Swan Songs (Roadrunner)
10. Kings of Leon, Only By the Night (A&M)