While Radio Phoenix keeps up on what's new, and fresh, and hip, they don't get so caught up on it that they can't appreciate things that are a couple weeks, or months, or years old. This isn't to say that retro hits will be charting, but if a good comp merits play, they'll play it, even if it's not the flavor of the week.
This week the 2009 Independent Music Awards hit #1 on the list, and the ever popular Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings, LCD Soundsystem, and Gorillaz retain appearances, and David Byrne and Fatboy Slim debut in our What's Selling/Spinning column.
See the list after the jump...
1. Various Artists, Independent Music Awards 2009
2. LCD Soundsystem, This Is Happening
3. Bettye LaVette, Interpretations: The British Rock Songbook
4. Gorillaz, Plastic Beach
5. B.O.B, B.o.B Presents: The Adventures Of Bobby Ray
6. Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings, I Learned the Hard Way
7. Various Artists, Brasil Música e Artes: The New Brazilian Music 2010, Vol. 1
8. David Byrne and Fatboy Slim, Here Lies Love
9. Lindstrom & Christabelle, Real Life Is No Cool
10. Various Artists, Bustin' Loose
Keep Phoenix New Times Free... Since we started Phoenix New Times, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Phoenix, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Phoenix with no paywalls.