Cities like to make up their own municipal mottoes, like tony Scottsdale, which calls itself: "The West's Most Western Town."
We decided to take 10 Phoenix suburbs and give them more realistic monikers. Here we go:
10. Apache Junction: "Arizona's largest trailer park."
9. Mesa: "We just say we're from Phoenix."
8. Paradise Valley: "Rich people live here."
7. Glendale: "We don't have our act together."
6. Peoria: "Hey, at least it ain't Glendale."
5. Scottsdale: "Park your BMW between the other two."
4. Tempe: "The temporary home of thousands of blackout-drunk college students."
3. Buckeye: "The beginning of the end of civilization."
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
2. Gilbert: " Mormon capital."
1. Sun City/Sun City West: "Old people live here."