If there were a field guide to spotting members of a political party, the Arizona Democrat would be listed as a "rare bird."
Still, there are some identifiable types of Democrats from here, as observed in their natural habitats. Check out our run-down of 10 types of Arizona Dems:
-10 Types of Arizona Republicans
10.) The Pot-Smokin' Hippie
- Not that there's necessarily anything wrong with that.
- "Dude . . ."
- Patchouli scent.
9.) The Anti-Republican
- Political beliefs consist of, "Republicans suck."
- Does not appear to have own beliefs.
- Doesn't seem concerned about issues, just how stupid Republicans are.
8.) The Socialist
- Most sentences start with, "Wouldn't it be cool if we could all . . ."
- No sarcasm can be detected when they call President Obama "center-right."
- Is actually down with sharing.
7.) The Hipster
- Wears short-shorts, but swears it's the Republicans who are uncool.
- Is the Democratic equivalent of the frat boy.
- Was pulling for Hillary in '08.
6.) The Pro-Immigrant
- The most common one-issue Democrat around here.
- Could probably pass for Republican, if not for resistance to local immigrant-haters.
- Not always undocumented immigrants, despite belief of local immigrant-haters.
5.) The Party Parrot
- Speaks like a script to an MSNBC show.
- Actually does repeat lines from MSNBC shows.
- Still blames everything on George W. Bush.
4.) The Republican
- After being exposed to hardcore teabaggers, now assumes he or she is a Democrat.
- As the name implies, this person identifies with more Republican ideals.
- May call self a "moderate Democrat."
3.) The Occupier
- Tries to prove points by sleeping in public.
- Does not know the points he or she is trying to prove.
- "Mic check."
2.) The Prius Driver
- Also known as the pseudo-environmentalist.
- Is "green," in the sense that "green" is a fashion statement to keep up with the Joneses.
- Probably tosses cigarette butts out of the window of that Prius.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
1.) The Non-Existent
- Most common type of Arizona Democrat.