In case you missed any of the action on the SCA scandal as reported through several blog posts today here is a review:
- Dan Saban: SCA Donors had "Vested Interest" in Election Outcome; Hendershott Nixed Payroll Deductions for Union Dues
- Joe Arpaio's Office Denies Involvement in SCA Despite Donations From Office's Top Brass
- Steve Ellman, Arpaio Pal and Former Sheriff's Posse Captain, Is Big Money Behind Anti-Saban SCA Ads
- MCSO Captain Joel Fox Settles SCA Case With County Elections; Criminal and Civil Actions Not Precluded
- SCA Scandal: Dave Hendershott, Top Maricopa County Sheriff's Officials and Steve Ellman Among Major Contributors; Fox Files Two Campaign-Finance Reports
Keep Phoenix New Times Free... Since we started Phoenix New Times, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Phoenix, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Phoenix with no paywalls.