The latest Internet news on the swine flu:
* The first case in Arizona has been confirmed, and three other cases are suspected. None of the victims were "gravely ill or hospitalized," health officials say.
* The state schools chief says schools reporting a case of swine flu should close the campus immediately to prevent the spread of the virus.
* A 2-year-old Mexican boy suspected to have died from swine flu in Texas had flu symptoms three weeks ago. The boy, who had "underlying health problems," had been brought to Texas from Mexico City on April 4 and developed the symptoms four days later.
* Two more schools with suspected cases are closed in New York.
* California schools urge calm.
* A 5-year-old Mexican boy is earliest known case of new swine flu.
Keep Phoenix New Times Free... Since we started Phoenix New Times, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Phoenix, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Phoenix with no paywalls.