Check this month's list out before your next meal.
Pho-Licious Vietnamese Restaurant, Peoria (7582 W. Cactus Road)
"Raw beef that was going to be used for soup later in the day was sitting in standing water. Meat had already finished thawing. Had kitchen worker move meat to walk-in until it was to be used."
Safeway Store No. 1637, Mesa (3622 E. Southern Avenue)
"Cutting boards soiled.in the front service as well as the back food prep. informed manager. all in the front service and back food prep."
Tropical Smoothie Cafe, Phoenix (1640 E. Camelback Road)
"Observed no toilet paper available in the employee bathroom. Please provide toilet paper and employees need to wash their hands in the bathroom for at least 20 seconds."
Hava Java, Phoenix (3166 E. Camelback Road)
"Observed debris on the steam nozzle at the coffee cart. According to all employees, all equipment, food-contact surfaces, and utensils including milk carafes are washed and cleaned daily, but not sanitized. Employees cleaned and sanitized all equipment, food contact surfaces, and utensils including milk carafes."
Los Rubios, Gilbert (2473 S. Higley Road)
"Generic clear spray bottle of light green/yellow liquid found in hanging from middle shelf near the 3-compartment sink area, without label/name for contents."
Rivera, Phoenix (2026 N. 35th Avenue)
"Cut cabbage was found maintaining at 45-46°F. Employee indicated that item had been prepared last Saturday. Item was placed on the embargo list."
Villa Pizza, Phoenix (4250 W. Anthem Way)
"THE PERSON IN CHARGE TODAY WAS UNABLE TO DEMONSTRATE ANY FOOD SAFETY KNOWLEDGE WITH REGARDS TO THE PIZZA THAT IS SERVED BY THE SLICE AND THE FACILITY'S TIME AS A CONTROL POLICY. THE PERSON IN CHARGE WAS ALSO UNAWARE OF THE PROPER COLD HOLDING TEMPERATURE OF POTENTIALLY HAZARDOUS FOODS."
Albertson's No. 1021, Chandler (2935 E. Riggs Road)
"Self-serve open display case in front of the deli service counter found operating found fluctuating in temperature between 45F and 60F along one end cap section of the unit - several packaged meat/cheese items found at 54F to 56F embargoed at time and many packages of hard cheese including parmesan and Romano relocated to the deli walk-in cooler at time."
Party Water, Mesa (1810 W. Southern Avenue)
"Sour cream and milk mixture prepared on 7/3 was found in tall reach in cooler. Item was placed on the embargo list since it exceeded the discard date. Establishment has a mixture used for their strawberries in the tall reach in cooler. Employee was unaware of recipes but stated that she knew that the mixture contained half and half. "
Koreana BBQ, Phoenix (4550 E. Cactus Road)
"Manager cracked an egg with bare hands and handled packages of ready to eat foods without washing hands."
Combo Express Mexican Food, Phoenix (4550 E Cactus Road)
"At front counter, chips displayed for self service without proper protection from consumers. Manager removed chips from service. Discontinue use of self service chips until proper protection is obtained."
China Place, Peoria (6725 W. Peoria Avenue)
"A variety of raw meats in bus bins are being stored on a shelf over boxes of raw vegetables in the walk-in. Store foods in a manner that prevents potential cross contamination. NOTE: ANOTHER REPEAT COULD RESULT IN LEGAL ACTION"
La Casa Serrano, Chandler (141 S. Arizona Avenue)
"Foods including premade tacos, mini chimichanga's, tamales, and raw beef patties found in the cook line waist-high reach-in cooler at 49F-51F - manager states all foods were re-stocked around 12:30P to 1:00P this day and allowed to relocate them to working units at time."
Sahara Shell Inc., Phoenix (709 W. Southern Avenue)
"Heavy accumulation of organic matter and debris in the floor drain at the drink station. There were insects flying around and crawling on the drain cover."
Popo's Fiesta Del Sol, Phoenix (6542 W. Indian School Road)
"There is a heavy accumulation of grease on the floors near fryer. There is a heavy accumulation of organic matter and debris behind the ice machine. A regular cleaning schedule should be established and followed to maintain the facility in a clean and sanitary manner."