Okay, Phoenix, it's on. You bring your stretchiest pie-eating pants and we'll take care of everything else.
That's right, it's already time to start picking out your recipes for Pie Social 2016. This year's event will take place on Saturday, November 19 at Bioscience High School, located at 512 East Pierce Street, in downtown Phoenix. The pie-eating starts at 2 p.m., and we've recruited 15 celebrity chefs to star in this year's friendly pie-making competition.
Here's the lineup of celebrity bakers for Pie Social 2016:
- Sarah Chisholm of Phoenix Public Market
- Jennifer Tom and Corrie Sharp of Bubby Goober’s Baked Goods
- Garrett Verhage of Grassroots Kitchen and Tap
- Chelsea Gabayan of Fabulous Food
- Mandy Bublitz of Pane Bianco
- Omei Eaglerider and Rene Fierros-Gonzales of Fry’s Cooking School at Signature Marketplace
- Soraya Medina of Heavenly Bites
- Nicholas Hyche of Hilton Phoenix Chandler
Kristopher Bergen of Jobot Coffee and Diner
- Adriana Gomez of Lola Coffee
- Holly Heizenrader of MacAlpine’s Diner & Soda Fountain
- Cheryl Standage of PIEfection
- Adam Allison of SuperFarm
- Virginia Senior of Urban Beans Bar & 24 Hour Cafe
- Casey Hopkins of Welcome Chicken & Donuts and Welcome Diner
We Believe Local Journalism is Critical to the Life of a City
Engaging with our readers is essential to Phoenix New Times's mission. Make a financial contribution or sign up for a newsletter, and help us keep telling Phoenix's stories with no paywalls.
Support Our Journalism
As always, you — as in, any one who wants to attend the event — are also welcome to get in on the pie-making action. Community bakers can bring two pies (no meat or dairy) and get five tasting tickets in exchange. Tasting tickets will also be sold for $12 for five tickets for those who don't bring pies.
Stay tuned for more details as we get closer to the event.
Editor's Note: This post has been updated from its original version to reflect a change in the celebrity chef lineup.