10 cups medium diced brioche
2 cups creme anglaise
1.5 cups chocolate semi sweet
1 cup sugar
8 cups favorite creme brulee recipe
garnish with powdered sugar and fresh mint
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
1. Make your crème anglaise add 2 shots of bourbon and chill
2. Use a vanilla bean crème brulee recipe (here's Emeril Legasse's) and set aside warm
3. Dice brioche and toast until crispy nutty and amber in color
4. Toss together chocolate, bread and sugar in a large bowl and evenly distribute into 10 oz serving vessels
5. Pour brulee mixture to the top of the bread and bake covered at 300 degrees for 45 minutes
6. When firm and ready to serve put in a hot oven to brown top,
7. Pour crème anglaise over the top and add powdered sugar and mint and serve