When it comes to risk-taking cuisine in the Valley, there's no better example -- at least not right now -- than what they've got cookin' in the kitchen at Renegade by MOD. The Scottsdale restaurant comes courtesy of Chef Michael O'Dowd, formerly chef at Kai, and partner Ed Leclere.
Though Renegade by MOD has been open only since May, it's already making a name for itself as a hotbed of culinary daring. And if you haven't had a good reason to get up there yet, O'Dowd and company are doing their best to give you one.
Even though Arizona Restaurant Week ended Sunday, September 29, the restaurant will continue its Restaurant Week specials throughout the duration of 2013. That means you still can get three courses for $30 until the end of this year.
There's only one small difference and it's that the special menu will change monthly to reflect seasonal ingredients. Updated menus will be posted monthly on the Renegade by MOD website.
For October, the menu will be:
FIRST COURSE: Choice of . . .
- Heirloom tomatoes, soy beans, and crab gazpacho with basil and avocado, curry drizzle and sea salt
- The "Shaken Wedge" with pickled onions and candied pecan soil: shaved iceberg lettuce, tall and small Lettuces, toasted sweet corn, bleu cheese crumbles, macerated heirloom tomatoes, Iitoi onions, carrot strings, and cucumber noodles
- Lightly smoked duck pastrami bruschetta on pretzel crostini: duck paté and truffle butter spread, vine-ripened tomatoes and roasted tomatillo chutney, crisp applewood bacon and baby lettuce composition
SECOND COURSE: Choice of . . .
- Kobe chicken "jerked" and sweet potato casserole: Kobe chicken breast, burnt marshmallow fluff, fall squash ribbons, Kobe drippings with blue ginger and Mexican crema butter
- Pan-seared salmon on fingerling potato hash: Irish corned beef nuggets, fingerling potatoes, piquillo peppers, pearl onions, and lemongrass curry-scented cream
- Mesquite-grilled petite filet mignon and lobster knuckles: Basil-whipped rutabaga and yellowfin potatoes, local farm raised carrots with maple drizzle, pomegranate kernels and purslane
- Pork belly infused with Mexican vanilla, Blis 9, and peach cobbler
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
THIRD COURSE: Choice of . . .
- White chocolate and apple crème brulée
- Cherries, rosemary, and bacon bread pudding with Irish whiskey sauce