Halloween Weekend DUI Patrols: Phoenix, East Valley, West Valley, and More
Drunk driving is bad.
That said, here's where police will be setting up "saturation patrols" around the Valley, looking for impaired drivers this weekend:
- Friday, October 31 to Sunday, November 2: Police in Phoenix will have "saturation patrols" based in six different areas around the city.
- Friday, October 31 to Saturday, November 1: The East Valley DUI Task Force will be in Scottsdale and Gilbert on Friday, and Mesa on Saturday -- both of which are around the cities' borders with Tempe.
- Saturday, November 1: The West Valley DUI Task Force will have its command center in Surprise.
- Saturday, November 1: Chandler PD will have its own DUI task force out.
- Friday, October 31: Apache Junction PD will have DUI patrols, but the only location given was the "Apache Junction area."
- Friday, October 31 to Saturday, November 1: Salt River police will be patrolling near the reservation's border with Scottsdale.
- Outside of the Phoenix area, the following cities and areas will be having DUI operations: Hunt Highway in Pinal County, Tucson, Sierra Vista, Safford, Thatcher, Cottonwood, Flagstaff, Globe, and Marana.
Follow Valley Fever on Twitter at @ValleyFeverPHX.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you'll never miss Phoenix New Times' biggest stories.