One of the first things you notice when you walk into Max's -- other than the collection of more than 250 football helmets -- is a wall of photos featuring some of its more well-known patrons. Everyone from former Arizona governor Rose Mofford to late basketball legend Manute Bol has shared a few spirits here since the place opened back in 1979. Max's retains its popularity even to this day, and it isn't hard to see why: It's a sports lover's dream with over 100 TVs and a pretty impressive collection of memorabilia. There's even a separate room for off-track betting, in case you'd like to play the ponies. While the decor is great to look at, down home cookin' favorites like meatloaf and chicken fried steak are great to get you back on your feet after a brew too many.
- Price: $$
- Hours: Wednesday & Thursday 11 a.m.-8 p.m.; Friday & Saturday 11 a.m.-8:30 p.m.; Sunday 11 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Outdoor seating: Open-air patio
- Alcohol: Full bar
- Reservations: Not accepted
- Parking: Lot available
- Order/delivery via Postmates
- Order/delivery via Uber Eats