Scottsdale's uber-stylish Roka Akor, a spin-off of London-based Roka, sets itself apart from the Valley's myriad other Japanese restaurants by specializing in robatayaki, Japanese-style grilled dishes; a few are traditional, but many have a creative, contemporary spin. Of course, there's sushi here, too, as well as other top-notch tapas-style dishes. Honey-glazed grilled duck breast, butterfish tataki with white asparagus, and kamameshi — traditional rice hot pots — are among the highlights. And surprisingly (for a Japanese place), the desserts are scrumptious. Turns out, they were created by a French pastry chef.
- Price: $$$, $$$$
- Hours: Sunday, Tuesday-Thursday 4:30-9 p.m.; Friday & Saturday 4:30-10 p.m.
- Alcohol: Full bar
- Reservations: Recommended
- Parking: Lot available, Valet
- Extra Services: Private-group dining
- Call restaurant to order/pay
- Use restaurant website to order/pay
- Order/delivery via DoorDash
- Order/delivery via Other
- Order/delivery via Postmates
- Order/delivery via Uber Eats