That much antipated -- and much dreaded -- day has come again. No, not this year's American Idol finale. We're talking about April 15, aka Tax Day: the day that dictates whether you'll be enjoying a fancy dinner out with your refund or eating bologna sandwiches and PB&J for the rest of the summer.
A handful of restaurants are easing the burden with free food or Tax Day discounts. Granted, most of them are chains, but in today's economy you can't be picky.
- Bring that sorry-ass chipped coffee mug with your kids' photo on it (or any reusable cup) to your local Starbucks for a free cuppa joe.
- JJ Madison's on Power Rd. north of University in Mesa is dishing out free 1/3 lb. burgers starting at 10:30 a.m. this morning.
- If the decadent samples they regularly offer aren't enough to satiate your sweet tooth, Cinnabon is doing a Tax Day Bites Promo from 6-8 p.m. tonight. Pop by your local mall store and get a free mini cupcake.
- Comfort yourself with tomato soup and grilled cheese on Texas Toast for just $6.50 at FEZ. This special runs through the entire month, so no worries if you miss it today.
- Snag a 14-inch single topping pizza for $10.40 easy at Valley NYPD Pizza locations. It won't cut the burn of owing big bucks, but it'll at least help you drown your sorrows in pepperoni-stuffed cheesy goodness.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
More free food after the jump!
- The Herb Box in Scottsdale is dishing up free blackened fish tacos with tasty avocado black-eyed pea & roasted corn salsa during happy hour from 3-6 p.m. today.
- The McCormick & Schmick's locations at 2575 E. Camelback Rd. in Phoenix and 8777 N. Scottsdale Rd. in Scottsdale have a few deals in the works today: Pop by for Inflation Burgers, Taxing Tacos and other fun food specials in the bar area and get a $10.40 gift certificate good on your next visit. Tomorrow (April 16) tax preparers get free dessert, a just reward for finding that tax break that took you from owing your shirt to buying a few new ones at Barney's.
- Wind down with live music, $5 wine specials and a $19.95 prime rib dinner at the new Rhythm & Wine, 7605 East Pinnacle Peak Rd. in Scottsdale. This one's good every Thursday.
- Get 15% off your order at Valley P.F. Chang's locations today. Alcohol/happy hour is NOT included in the special though, so you'll have to console yourself with lettuce wraps and fried rice instead of beer and martinis.
We know there are plenty more great deals to be found around the Valley today. If you spot one, post a comment!