Let's start small.
Phase One of clean up is likely to yield the following:
- The inevitable abundance of empty beer cans, needles and feral cats
- Russell Pearce's toupee
- Plenty of trashy treasures for Angela Cazel Jahn's next installation
- Remnants of the native head shops and hippies
- Michael Crow's job applications to anywhere (and everywhere) out of town
- Payton Curry's rabbit carcasses from Cafe Boa
- The failed PBR mural campaign
- Kilts from March's Flogging Molly concert
- ASU's Gallon Challenge Victims
- The Arizona Diamondbacks' fan base
- The Sun Devil Football Team's Annual Broken Dreams (and Rudy Carpenter's dignity)
- A lock box containing: Andrew Thomas' ethics, Dennis Wilenchik's oil
portrait (pictured left), and the long unaccounted for concessions for Sheriff Joe Arpaio's jail vending machines
- The Insane Clown Posse
- All hope for the Arizona Democratic Party
And now for the things we couldn't bring ourselves to put on the official list (in the interest of good taste) ... Hell, we'll share it with you anyway:
- Dan Harkins' Dog
- Jan Brewer's Plastic Surgery Bill
- Walter Cronkite
Clean up's going to be a bitch.
Keep Phoenix New Times Free... Since we started Phoenix New Times, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Phoenix, and we would like to keep it that way. Offering our readers free access to incisive coverage of local news, food and culture. Producing stories on everything from political scandals to the hottest new bands, with gutsy reporting, stylish writing, and staffers who've won everything from the Society of Professional Journalists' Sigma Delta Chi feature-writing award to the Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism. But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. You can help by participating in our "I Support" membership program, allowing us to keep covering Phoenix with no paywalls.