The two-mile-long Town Lake that once was, could be no longer in a matter of hours, which means there's going to be a whole lot of mud ... and a whole lot else that's been hiding under the murk.
Here are just a few of our predictions of what's at the bottom.
Let's start small.
Phase One of clean up is likely to yield the following:
- The inevitable abundance of empty beer cans, needles and feral cats
- Russell Pearce's toupee
- Plenty of trashy treasures for Angela Cazel Jahn's next installation
- Remnants of the native head shops and hippies
- Michael Crow's job applications to anywhere (and everywhere) out of town
- Payton Curry's rabbit carcasses from Cafe Boa
- The failed PBR mural campaign
- Kilts from March's Flogging Molly concert
- ASU's Gallon Challenge Victims
- The Arizona Diamondbacks' fan base
- The Sun Devil Football Team's Annual Broken Dreams (and Rudy Carpenter's dignity)
- A lock box containing: Andrew Thomas' ethics, Dennis Wilenchik's oil
portrait (pictured left), and the long unaccounted for concessions for Sheriff Joe Arpaio's jail vending machines
- The Insane Clown Posse
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- All hope for the Arizona Democratic Party
And now for the things we couldn't bring ourselves to put on the official list (in the interest of good taste) ... Hell, we'll share it with you anyway:
- Dan Harkins' Dog
- Jan Brewer's Plastic Surgery Bill
- Walter Cronkite
Clean up's going to be a bitch.