Saved from condemnation by the direct intervention of Barry Goldwater, the Second Street location of this decades-old Mexican restaurant is definitely one of Arizona's culinary landmarks. It features the old reliable Mexican staples -- green corn tamales, enchiladas and chile relleno. Additional location in this region: 15544 N. Pima Rd., Scottsdale, 480-596-9787.
- Price: $$
- Hours: Sunday-Thursday 11 a.m.-9 p.m.; Friday & Saturday 11 a.m.-10 p.m.
- Outdoor seating: Open-air patio
- Alcohol: Beer/Wine
- Reservations: Recommended
- Parking: Lot available
- Extra Services: Banquet Facilities, Catering
- Order/delivery via Grubhub
- Order/delivery via Other
- Order/delivery via Postmates
- Order/delivery via Uber Eats