The Matador Mexican Food Restaurant - Closed
Phoenix, AZ 85004
- Sun-Thu 7am-10pm, Fri-Sat 7am-11pm
- Banquet Facilities, Catering
- Delivery, Kid Friendly, Order Online, Patio/Sidewalk Dining, Private Party, Smoking, Takeout, Wheelchair accessible
- Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
- Full bar
- Garage available, On-street
- Reservations Accepted
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Phoenix dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.
Related Stories (2)
CLOSED: Matador Restaurant
Monday, March 26, 2012 at 7 a.m. by Laura Hahnefeld
After 35 years, the Matador Restaurant, a downtown favorite of locals in search of Sonoran Mexican food, has shuttered. On March 12, a fire briefly closed the restaurant located at the southeast corner of First and Adams streets. Le...
Fire Closes Downtown's Matador Restaurant
Wednesday, March 14, 2012 at 9 a.m. by Laura Hahnefeld
A fire on Monday has closed the Matador Restaurant in downtown Phoenix. The Phoenix Business Journal reports that the fire at the over 30-year-old Mexican eatery owned by Mike and Alexandra Anagnopoulos happened around 2:45 p.m. Mon...