Summer in Phoenix means salad. A favorite among the locals is the Arcadia Farms Strawberry Chicken Salad. But if you are feeling too hot to head out to eat why not make it at home yourself?
Learn how to make Arcadia Farms Strawberry Chicken Salad after the jump.
1/4 cup almonds, sliced and toasted
1 cup strawberries, sliced
2 cups skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cooked and cut into strips
4 cups baby greens
1/3 cup white sugar
1/2 cup white vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground dry mustard
1 teaspoon grated onion
1 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
1. Clean and pat dry, with a paper towel, bagged mixed greens salad
2. Slice almonds into slivers
3. Place onto a cookie sheet and back at 350 degrees until brown
4. Remove greens of strawberries and cut into slices
5. Cook chicken breast and cut into strips
6. On a plate, place mixed greens, strawberries, sliced chicken, and toasted almonds.
7. To make dressing: combine sugar, vinegar, salt, mustard and onion in a blender or food processor and mix with pulses. With blender or food processor on high, gradually add oil in a slow, steady stream. Stir in poppy seeds.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
8. Pour dressing over salad and serve.